New Name, Same Great Service
January 1, 2014 – As of January 1, SNB will change its name to State Nebraska Bank & Trust. You will see no difference in service, quality, employees or ownership, and all deposits continue to be FDIC insured. Your current checks, Visa® debit and credit cards will still work. Upon renewal or reorder, you will see our new name.
- What changes? Our name, website and email addresses will change, and we will no longer have a P.O. Box. Here is our new contact information:
- Why make this change? As with many banks in our region and across the nation, we decided to convert our charter from a national bank to a state bank, which will have significant advantages. The national regulators work with mega-banks such as Wells Fargo and Bank of America, who really are not in the same industry as SNB&T. Most community banks do not feel comfortable working with regulators who try a ‘one-size-fits-all’ way of analyzing banks and regulations. In fact, very few banks in Nebraska are nationally chartered at this time.
- Will there be any changes to customer accounts or your banking services? None at all. Customers will have the same quality of service we’ve given for more than 120 years as the only locally-owned community bank. Customers will start seeing our new name on checks, deposit slips, and renewed credit and debit cards, but all will continue to work seamlessly. You can still use checks, debit cards, or credit cards that say State National Bank until they are replaced as usual.
- Will our deposits still be FDIC insured? Yes.
- Will there be any change in Bank ownership? No. SNB will have with the same local owners as before. Our employees ARE the Bank, and we will have the same great employees who are eager to continue to help reach our client’s financial goals.
We will continue to provide you with the same great service from people you know and trust, with over 500 years of banking experience combined. Stop in and see us today. We’re hometown people, helping each other grow. That’s what it’s all about.